East Fork Fire and Paramedic Districts'
Safety Committee Meeting
Thursday, August 28, 2014
3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
East Fork Fire and Paramedic Districts' Administrative Offices
1694 County Road, Minden, NV 89423
A meeting of the East Fork Fire & Paramedic Districts' Safety Committee will be held on August 28, 2014 at the East Fork Fire and
Paramedic Districts' Administrative Offices, 1694 County Road, Minden, Nevada at 3:00 P.M. Copies of the finalized agenda are posted at the following locations
three working days prior to the meeting day: East Fork Administration Building, Minden Post Office, Gardnerville Post Office and the County Administration Building
(Minden Inn) and https://notice.nv.gov. You may also access the agenda at http://www.eastforkfire.org/. Questions concerning the agenda should be referred to
Jennifer Hawker at 783-6408.
Notice to Persons with Disabilities: Members of the public who are disabled and require special assistance or accommodations at the
meeting are requested to notify the East Fork Fire & Paramedic District Office in writing at Post Office Box 218, Minden, Nevada 89423 or by calling 783-6415 at
least 20 hours in advance.
A quorum of the Board of Fire Commissioners may be present at this meeting. However, they will not participate in the discussions or
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Safety Committee reserves the right to take items in a different order to accomplish business in the most efficient manner; to
combine two or more agenda items for consideration, and; to remove items from the agenda or delay discussion relating to items on the agenda.
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES: April 30, 2014
PUBLIC COMMENT (No Action Can be Taken)
At this time, public comment will be taken on those items that are within the jurisdiction and control of the Safety Committee. The Safety Committee will allow public
comment on individual action items. The Committee will vote on the matter after having received public comment.
1. For possible action: Discussion and Possible Action Regarding: Follow up on the federal recall of Wildland fire shelters. John
Babcock, Mike Hackler & Larry Goss (30 minutes)
2. For possible action: Discussion and Possible Action Regarding: Follow up on Draft Re-Hab procedures. John Babcock , Mike Hackler &
Larry Goss (40 minutes)
3. For possible action: Discussion and Possible Action Regarding: Injury and illness report for the second quarter of 2014. Larry
Goss (15 minutes)
4. For possible action: Discussion and Possible Action Regarding: New Wildland gloves for line staff. Larry Goss (20 minutes)
5. For possible action: Discussion and Possible Action Regarding: Safety Topics for Newsletter. Larry Goss (15 minutes)
NOTICE OF POSTINGPosted on Website: August 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM